Be looking for the following stroke warning signs:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headaches with no known cause (for hemorrhagic stroke)
If you or someone you know develops any of the warning signs listed above, it is very important to receive emergency help immediately. Call 9-1-1 right away even if the symptoms resolve and you feel better. Contact the emergency responders for urgent transportation to the closest emergency medical facility. By calling 9-1-1 you will receive the fastest emergency care and more likely be eligible for new stroke treatments.